We offer a 5 week introductory course of judo as a pre-school, lunchtime or after school activity.
- Pre-school starting at 8.00am which provides a great stimulant to the start of the day
- Lunchtime which can be taken before or after lunch and last 40 minutes
- After school activity which is an hour long session immediately after school
All equipment such as mats and judo kits are provided and we are able to take a maximum of 30 Key stage 2 boys and girls.
Why would you want to have judo in your school?
Judo covers many aspects of the Key stage 2 PE objectives and is very much a sport than a martial art in that it does not involve any kicking, punching or striking.
Judo is disciplined and provides physical fitness and mental stimulation in a fun and exciting way but above all teaches children respect for one and other.
Judo enables children of all shapes, sizes and abilities to participate and is particularly beneficial for children with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and dyspraxia.
Many schools have already introduced this modern olympic sport to their school and have been overwhelmed by the enthusiasm demonstrated by the participating children.
- Contact Tony on 07932 081793 or email Tony Devine with proposed starting date of course
- Arrange date for free demonstration of judo. This lasts 30 minutes and is done 1-2 weeks prior to proposed starting date as an assembly
- A letter which details the activity and has a parental consent reply slip will be brought to the demo to be distributed to the KS2 children
- Names are listed on a supplied register (30 maximum)
- School notifies children that they have been accepted onto the course
Encourage further participation
At the end of the course certificates are awarded to all children and medals are awarded to the most improved boy and girl. Furthermore, details of all BJA clubs in the area are left with the school plus contact numbers for Judo Excellence. Who are more than happy to provide further assistance for any pupils that wish to find clubs to attend.